fot

Re: Thefts at Mid-Ohio

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thefts at Mid-Ohio
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:08:19 EDT
Perhaps the thefts on Friday explain the attitudes or perhaps we're just used
to friendlier cops in the west (like LAPD?).  Either way the Authorities of
Mid-Ohio made me feel as if I was an intruder rather than a guest.  Not to
single out the TVR but would a finger wag from a steward as he went by have
done the same as a severe tongue lashing and a threat not to be seen on
Sunday?  How about the hired gun verbally assaulting someone down at the
garages when they exceeded the 15 minute pass to unload their gear from their
truck?  (not us, BTW).  Or maybe the Zero tolerance attitude to the photo
shoot going overtime after the group shot.
My point is simply that they seemed to be much too enthusiastic about
throwing their weight around when a softer approach may have been more
appropriate
This is not an indictment of the racers or SVRA.  Got great vibes from the
entire exposure to SVRA.  They ran a good event and a good show.  Glad I came
and would like to have my car there next time.  But I won't be looking for
the M-O authorities to make me feel as Welcome as the Triumph crowd did.
Steve