fot

Re: TR6 thrust washers

To: "Gary& Gretchen" <garygret@itis.com>, "FOT" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 thrust washers
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:38:12 +1200
Gary,
Try Canley Classics for a 144195/30 thust washer (www.kipping.co.uk), if
there are any left they are Glacier ones and on no account fit it to the
rear of the engine. The best ones to fit at the back to take the clutch
thrust are the copper coloured ones either Vandervall or certain repro ones.
(from memory available up to +15). The rear main bearing cap can be easily
repaired with some MIG welding to the corners and some careful grinding back
( a hand grinder can be used if you steady hands!)
John Kipping