fot

TR6 stock ignition switch repair.... help!!!!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 stock ignition switch repair.... help!!!!
From: "Tom Strange" <tstrange@new.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:40:46 -0500
I have a steering column / ign switch in front of me for a TR6... I need to
replace the key lock in the locking mechanism.  There are two pins driven into
the cast body that appear to hold the key lock in place.  Before I start
drilling them out & destroy a good body, can anyone tell me how to go about
doing this?
  The eventual outcome is I need to swap the key (I have both keys) from a
destroyed column lock unit into a good one.  Anyone done this before?
  Not really used to dealing with the stock parts like this.......  should
just put in a toggle switch, but I suppose that would make it bad for parking
at the mall.
  Thanks in advance,
Tom