fot

Re: Broken Stuff

To: bob bownes <bownes@web9.com>, fot@autox.team.net, aab@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Broken Stuff
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:10:24 -0400
At 11:47 PM 8/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Seems to be the season for broken stuff.

Ouch - sorry to hear that.

I had quite a weekend - got my first win in the FF (everyone
else broke and went home, but hey, I'll take the win...)

Then in race 2, my friend Trey (who drives a Spec Rambo)
got stuffed into a tire wall on the last lap by a guy blocking
him.  He hit the tires, and got launched in the air, and ended
up doing about four rollovers, both sideways and end over end.
Needless to say, he got a helicopter ride to the Trauma Center
in DC which is about an hour and half from the track and
almost three hours from home.  So, I had to get two rigs home,
get his wife up to DC, etc. etc.  Made for a very busy couple
of days.  He's now home and doing surprisingly well, considering
how hard he hit (fastest part of the track, probably hit the tires
at about 120-125), so that's good news.  He's going to be quite
sore very some time, though.

Later,

R. John Lye

rjl6n@cstone.net