fot

RE: TR6 axles 2nd try

To: "Friends Of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: TR6 axles 2nd try
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:51:21 -0700
Andy,

The general advice I have received is to let a profession shop deal with the
hubs. Apparently they can be easily damaged or bent in disassembly or
reassembly. I believe TRF offers rebuilt hubs exchange. You may not want to
mess with them at all unless you have a real need...my TR4A hubs have
160,000 miles on them and have shown no sign of trouble.

Just another thought...the best investment I ever made was spending the $30
or $40 on a factory workshop manual. I started out with zero mechanical
knowledge and have now completely rebuilt my TR4A, I just do what the manual
tells me!

Cheers,

Brad
62 TR4
65 TR4A

-<<" How in the blippin Heck do you get the hubs
pulled off of Tr-6 axles.">>