fot

RE: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September

To: "'dos_gusanos'" <dos_gusanos@msn.com>, Chasgee@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Leguna Seca/FoT Senior Citizens Tour in September
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:11:18 -0700
Yup, that's pretty much how I think about it. Peyote was a mid- to
back-of-the pack car in it's day. I bet it handled like crap until Pat
Starr restored it. And I bet it didn't make many ponies either. Being able
to run with a Birdcage Maserati and beat a flock of Ferraris. Loti,
Porsches, etc, doesn't say anything about what Peyote was relative to
those cars in their day--it's what it is today. We get to change our
cars--you can twiddle a lot with a Triumph--I think my cheater TR3 could
lap about the same as Peyote--or at least close. But if I had taken it to
SCCA race in 1962 they would have frog-marched me out of the place. Nobody
in their right mind fiddles with a Testarossa.

The cool part is that we get away with it and have the best seats in the
house to look at those wonderful cars--from right behind them, or
sometimes in front of them. But it makes sense to keep some perspective on
this. Kas did wonders with these little cars, but they ain't no Ferrari.