fot

Re: electronic ignition

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@webryders.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:17:59 -0400
I had the Crane 3000/optical trigger in my old Fiat and it worked great but
Dad had the cheaper 700 in his Cobra replica (Built Cheby small block) and
it worked about the same as yours at times. Might be the optical sensor, his
seemed very sensitive to dirt and condensation.  The dual point Mallory in
my TR has been working great.  The Pertronix I had in it before probably
would have worked good but I'd lengthened the MSD main wire with wire that
was the same size but was supposed to be bigger, gave me headaches for the
first year I ran the car, so check your grounds and wire sizes...

Matthew Wilder
'67 TR4a Ep auto-xer
http://home.webryders.com/teamwild/