fot

Fwd: Mallory distributor for GT6

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Mallory distributor for GT6
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:42:28 EDT
Amici,
Sorry for bombing the list with this but Leon's E-mail address didn't work=20
when I replied directly to him.  Hopefully he'll see it here...Steve

So, anybody race this weekend?????

From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Full-name: Gt6steve
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:51:49 EDT
Subject: Re: Mallory distributor for GT6
To: guyots@cyberpc.com

Hello Leon, The distributor is the only one they list for 6 cylinder Jaguar
applications.  Model 23 or 25 comes to mind.  You have to use the Lucas clamp
(as opposed to the Delco-Remy) and you'll have to reuse your old distributor
drive gear. You also lose the mechanical tach drive.  If you are still using
vacuum advance they can do that as well but I think retard is out.  When you
call them in Sparks Nevada they'll be totally ignorant of the Triumph
application so try not to confuse the poor lads.  Just order a six cylinder
Jag dizzy and you'll be happy!

Steve