fot

Threads and Dreads

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Threads and Dreads
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:27:24 -0700
It seems like every time there is a meaningful thread on the FOT list about
something that is prone to failure, I get plagued with that malady a short
time later.

First it was the Axle discussion and I broke a half shaft.

Recently, we have talked about differentials (cooling) and today just at the
end of my second run, I got a loud bang and after that I have no drive at
all transferred to the rear wheels.  I looked at the undercarriage to see if I
could see a broken U-Joint or something that was obvious but found
nothing.  I fear that I have broken something in the diff.

Lets see a show of hands from all those who said to themselves that the GT6
pumpkin even with a Quaife carrier was not strong enough to handle the 240
hp of the Honda S2000 engine!

If you were one of them, I am afraid that you can officially say, "I told you
so!"

I will be tearing it down tomorrow and know for sure.

Cheers,
Joe (C)