fot

RE: Lifter Hardness

To: "' FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lifter Hardness
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:16:15 -0700
One other thing. With freshly increased awareness I realized how sloppy I
have been about lifters--I rarely pay any attention to which hole they
were in--I just look at them and either toss or reuse. ALL the cam folks
say this is huge no-no. So is reusing old good lifters from junk engines.
Wow. I've never had a problem before, but I know how this goes--the next
time I rebuild an engine if I don't do everything I've learned exactly as
the experts say it's going to bite me. It's kind of like the special
dispensation that primitives tribes people get if the Missionaries don't
get to them before they kaack. Once warned they're subject to all the
rules about going to hell. Makes you wonder what those missionaries are
thinking of (tag, you're it).