fot

Re: 2003 VARAC Vintage Festival Info on fot-racing.com

To: "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: 2003 VARAC Vintage Festival Info on fot-racing.com
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:12:13 -0400
Henry, being an SCCA type a treaded tire means probably something
different than to you vintage racers.  Any idea what they would
consider a "Treaded Tire".  To me the Hoosier R3SO3 DOT road race
tires are treaded, albeit with very very little tread.  How about the
Kuhmo DOT Road race tires with 4/32 tread - would they count?  I would
likely need to buy tires to participate in this, but would like to do
it once, and would like something that I could get some other use out
of.  I doubt that I would get much use out of a true vintage tire, but
something like a Kuhmo, I could maybe use as an intermediate rain
tire.  Joe(B)