fot

Re: Head Gasket

To: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: Head Gasket
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:03:11 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Chuck Arnold wrote:

> I am about to reassemble my TR6 engine which should now have about
> 10.5:1 compression.  What does this group recommend for a head gasket
> for high reving/high compression applications?

There are two answers to your question.

If youhave a later block with the recesses, you have no choice, you need
to use a stock head gasket. They hold up very well IMHO, I run over 11:1
with one motor and no leaks yet (motor probably has 100 hours on it).

If you have an early block or a late block that's been "decked", the stock
gasket will work okay, but if you plan to do teardowns on a regular basis
(or you have to do them at tech), then you should seriously consider
getting a copper head gasket of the appropriate thickness.

I'm a big fan of copper... check out www.headgasket.com. The proprietor is
a real Triumph enthusiast and they can make _anything_.

> Thanks,
> Chuck

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |