fot

Re: racing seat suggestions

To: rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: Re: racing seat suggestions
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:02:44 EST
In a message dated 11/03/2002 5:49:03 PM Central Standard Time, rgk@flash.net
writes:

> I am in the market for a race seat that looks the part for a 66 TR4A. All
> the
> cars I see these days either have a plastic baja style seat or a circle
> track
> aluminum seat. I want something that sits as low as possible. Any
> suggestions?

Bob:

Don't know how low it is compared to others (do you have a roll bar height
problem), but I use a BUTLER seat, and I am very pleased with it.  As BIG as
I am, I have a tendancy to be 'flung around' in the car.  This BUTLER seat
hugs me tighter than Shirley did on our honeymoon.  It's a great racing seat.
 Incidentally, the BUTLER seat came with a pretty high head rest (for our
needs).  We cut that off at about where the shoulder belts tie back to the
roll bar.  Our upholstery guy altered the seat cover, and it looks like it
came that way.

Bill Dentinger