fot

Cats and Cranks

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Cats and Cranks
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:04:39 -0500
Thanks to all for:
stories
ideas
cat advice
crank info

We have engaged step one in the cat debacle...to wit, the Brooks theory! It
took a six-pack of my favorite to "get the job done" but through diligent
effort the scatter is now enshrouded with the eau de Nick. Results to follow...

Moldex sez they really can deliver a crank in 8-10 weeks! Am I fooling myself
to believe this? They offer 2 different sizes of rear crank seal (both rubber
lip styles). 2.500" and 2.520" are the 2 choices. I have always run the scroll
seal, so have no experience with either of these seal types...so,...I have come
to the fountain of knowlege for a taste...who has feedback on these seals? Who
knows where the 2 different seals are sold? Who makes 'em? What are the seals
from? Which seal is easier to find? etc etc

Gettin a little cranky over this myself...
        Nick in Nor Cal