fot

Mid-Ohio Triumph 2002 Video

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mid-Ohio Triumph 2002 Video
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:41:39 -0500
First of all, I want to thank Joe Alexander for nominating me to The Friends
of Triumph.  Next I want to thank Bill Dentinger for seconding my nomination.
At that time, Joe wrote that I would be putting this on the FOT site for
information.

The video of the Mid-Ohio Triumph Races is 2 hours long (edited on my computer
to remove the bad stuff - down from 6 hours of footage) and covers the cars on
the false grid, all the practices, the set-up for the panoramic photo shoot
and the crash of #72 - Jack Madison where you will see him spin and back his
white TR6 into the retaining wall.  In addition to interviews with the Brits,
you will meet two old-timers who each say separately, "I'm the only person who
ever beat Bob Tullius".  You will see all the cars, both on the track (Names,
Car Numbers and some Finish Positions are added) and you see many of the cars
in the paddock as well.  You will see a full Tech Inspection of a nice
wedgewood blue TR4 (#48) with antics and wise advice from Russ Moore.

There is coverage of the Enduro race and includes footage of the Group 1,
Group 3 and Group 8 races on Sunday.  You will also see a few of the 400
Triumphs who were in the in-field for the Car Show and many of them doing a
tour lap of the track on Saturday.

As the video finishes, you will see one lap of Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire,
England, one of the tracks where our UK Triumph visitors hold their Triumph
race meets.

The video is available on VHS in NTSC for North America.  Each one is
downloaded separately from my digitally mastered original in my computer.  The
All Triumph Race is not in this presentation.  This will be available from
Kent Howard later.

To order a copy, mail a check (made out to Elliott Technologies) for $20.00 US
or drop a Twenty into an envelope and mail it to:-
Don Elliott
Elliott Technologies
7455 Trinidad, Brossard,
Quebec, Canada J4W 1N3

Don Elliott, Original Owner, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, E-mail :- elliottd@look.ca

For Canadians, the price is $25.00 in Canadian funds.

For a PAL version for UK, contact Mike Hughes in England for details:-
micheal.hughes@talk21.com

As a further indroduction for members who don't know me, you can check me out
on the Montreal Triumph Club site:-

http://www.rucompatible.com/triumphmtl

then click on Member Profile and scroll down.  Also under Member Cars, you can
see photos of the history of "TRusty" starting back in 1958 and my restoration
from 1987 to 1990.