fot

Re:Toluene

To: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>, for <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Toluene
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:24:39 -0600
At 07:17 PM 11/27/2002 -0800, Chuck Arnold wrote:
>I have just had my head shaved [TR6 head that is, one on my shoulders
>was shaved years ago] so that my compression will be 11:1 or so.

I run 10.3:1 compression  in my street car (TR6 w/Lucas PI system). I'm
running a slightly milder cam than you are. I use 92 octane gas with no
problem. I can tell _immediately_ if I get a tank of bad gas (pink, pink,
pink) so I just pull over and retard the timing a bit.

I have no experience with racing gas (we burn propane).

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com