fot

Re:Subject: Rear dif, hubs for TR6

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Subject: Rear dif, hubs for TR6
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:29:50 EST
If you are considering running a non standard dif housing (Datsun or?) I
suggest that you check the rules first.  SCCA has usually not allowed this in
production road racing cars, but other places it might be fine.

The Quaife unit is quite heavy; I have built them but not driven one.

The clutch type LSD will generate  considerable heat.

I liked and ran  Detroit Lockers, and only noticed the locking and unlocking
in the wet on the pace lap.
 Bob Tullius tried to persuade me several times to try a welded dif; but I
felt that it worked best for his TR6's BHP and IRS, not my TR3's BHP and
solid axle.

    Hardy