fot

Re: Shell 4000 Rally Results for 1964

To: "marcel chichak" <chichm@telusplanet.net>
Subject: Re: Shell 4000 Rally Results for 1964
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:14:26 -0500
Hi Marcel

I have a copy of the regs plus an entry form for the 1964 Shell 4000 rally.
How would you do it ?  What do you need ? Would a photocopy of my original
regs do OK ?  Whwere would I mail them ?  How about a close-up colour shot
of the rally plaque for 1964 ?

I have a b/w photo of one of the TR4's as it is coming into Ottawa, I
believe, just in front of a huge Bentley.  Also a photo of the private TR4
entry of Martin & Bailey.

Were you aware that the 3 Works Triumph TR4's had 1991 cc displacement to
put them in the "Under 2 litre class" while the private entry had the 2138
cc normal engine displacement ?

Would you know anything about a film that Shell did of the 1964 rally ?  As
I understand it, a DC-3 flew from place to place to get film shots.

Let me know how I can be of help.

Don Elliott. 1958 TR3A, Montreal