fot

Re: DO NOT OPEN HAPPY NEW CHRISTMAS

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DO NOT OPEN HAPPY NEW CHRISTMAS
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:40:58 -0600
If it's the KLEZ virus, it impersonates someone else.  It looks through the
messages that have been received and sends out messages purporting to be
one of the people who it finds.  That makes is particularly hard to figure
out who really has the virus.  I've been guilty of accusing at least one of
the FOT of having that virus until I learned how it worked.  My sister had
a problem where she got a bunch of rejected e-mail messages returned to her
that actually were originated by someone else who had this virus and it
picked her e-mail address to impersonate.  We did a complete check of her
system and it was clean.  I believe that it has its own mailer, so you
wouldn't see the messages in your sent list if you had the virus
too.  Thank goodness that it isn't wildly destructive.

Tony Drews
'63 TR-4 #95
Iowa Health System Information Technology Dept.