fot

Spitfire axles

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire axles
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:05:01 -0600
Amici,

Just another note on the spitfire competition axles that Ed
Barnard is having made.  The design is pretty much the
same as what Susan is running in her spitfire.  Her car has
been raced for many many years.  We're not sure just how
old these axles are but we do know  they were on the car at
least in the very early 90's.

For the last two years we took the effort to remove the axles
and have them magnifluxed prior to the start of each race
season.  Both times no problems were found.

I think you'll find these axles to be a welcome change from
the stock spitfire axles and well worth the money.
Remember, safety first!

Just my $0.02

Brad
Brad

Our Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs
(updated 6/30/2001)
Our Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated
6/30/2001)
Our Amphicar Site Http://www.141.com/amphicar

1951 Dodge 1/2 ton B3B pickup (being restored)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL (actually runs and stops!)
1956 TR3 based Devin F model
1957 TR3 Vintage Racer TS15222L
1962 TR4 CT288L (being restored)
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (some day)
1964 Spitfire 4 BFC25720L (of Belgian decent)
1964 Amphicar 101232
1965 Herald Sports 1200
1967 TR4A CTC58351L (AKA Freddy)
1968 TR250 (needs total restoration)