fot

state of the onion

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: state of the onion
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:24:36 -0800
Hydrogen fuel has some complications that can be solved
but there is always more than one way.  The most common
source currently is from natural gas.  This is a good idea only
if there is a large enough supply of natural gas to meet an additional demand
source without creating price hiking
shortages.  Have any of you looked at your home heating
natural gas bills this season?   So much for a surplus of
natural gas.  The Jan. '03 issue of Motor magazine, a trade
journal for repair shops, has an article describing how
 sodium borohydride (laundry detergent base) releases
hydrogen when mixed with water  Daimler Chrysler is
testing this system now according to the article.  I wonder
how much hydrogen we generate doing a load of laundry??
Anyway________,  the article doesn't say how  deep borax supplies are.  Also,
none of the stuff I have read address
possible enviro problems in the making of the hydrogen.
Further,  water vapor is not only one of the 3 primary
greenhouse gasses, it is the most plentiful one.  So,
the additional amounts of water vapor generated world wide
by widespread adoption of hydrogen burning will eventually
need to be considered.

art de armond