fot

Re: state of the onion

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: state of the onion
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:24:32 -0600
Bill Babcock wrote (among many other fascinating observations):

> One of the curious aspects of greenhouse gases is that there
> are a lot of self-regulating mechanisms . . .

> Bottom line, if the processes were not self-regulating with a
> bias toward stability Earth would be an ice ball.

I knew that the day would come when my failure to fully comprehend entropy,
Boltzmann's constant and the Second Law of Thermodynamics would come back to
haunt me.

This, apparently, is that day.

> If there is a simple answer to environmental issues and
> geopolitical resources it is: Behave yourself.

Good advice -- if we all follow it. Fortunately these are long-term
processes, and we all know where we'll be in the long term . . .

Jim Hill
Madison WI