fot

Doug Ross

To: fot@autox.team.net, vtr-admin@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: Doug Ross
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:31:18 EST
>From the "Triumphs" list.

Forwarded Message:
Subj:   Doug Ross
Date:   1/31/2003 3:19:40 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:tochilds@carolina.rr.com";>tochilds@carolina.rr.com</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</A>, <A
HREF="mailto:eTCOC@yahoogroups.com";>eTCOC@yahoogroups.com</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

We received a call from Linda Provost, one of Doug Ross's daughters, earlier
today and she asked that we pass this news along to the Triumph community.

As many of you know, Doug has been battling cancer for over 11 years.  This
morning, Doug lost his battle.  He passed away sometime this morning.  Some
of you may remember seeing a certain torch red TR3 in race prep attire with
the number 22 on it (seen in many publications and at many shows around the
country in recent years) that was Doug's pride and joy - Rosebud Racecar he
called her.  He will be missed greatly.  I have some fond memories of taking
some hot "parade laps" around Virginia International Raceway with Doug in
Rosebud last year.  I know our local club will certainly miss him.

For those interested, the only information we have on arrangements so far is
as follows:

Arrangements being handled by the McEwen Funeral Home in Mint
Hill, NC (a suburb of Charlotte, NC).  Their phone number is (704) 545-4864.

Visitation is scheduled for Sunday evening, February 2nd, from 6
to 8 pm at the funeral home.

Funeral services will be at the funeral home as well on Monday,
February 3rd, at 3:30 PM.

Please keep Doug's wife Mary Lee and all their family in your thoughts and
prayers as they go through this time of grief.

Thank you all,

Tony Childs
Membership Chairman
Triumph Club of the Carolinas (TCOC)