fot

Re: Figure 8 survey results

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Figure 8 survey results
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:50:35 EST
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

<< Or maybe I'll decrease protrusion to help the seal at the water jacket
 openings and rely on the o-ring to seal the combustion chambers. Any more
 comments?

During the many years when I was installing these gaskets dry, I was cutting
out 0.003" shim washers from brass shim stock with cuticle scissors.  I would
slip these skinny washers over the bottom of the liners to increase the
protrusion.  Sometimes, I would use different thickness of shim stock to get
the liners even.  This is another stunt that I copied from the ex-USA
mechanic, who use to first race a TR-3, and later went to the runoffs in a
Morgan.

I finally returned to just the figure 8 gaskets and non-hardening Permatex.