fot

Re: Head Cooling Problems

To: elliottd@look.ca, mporter@zianet.com, stutzman@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Head Cooling Problems
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:41:25 EST
In a message dated 3/5/03 1:49:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, elliottd@look.ca
writes:

<< I accept that the crank hole may be causing a 15% los, but
 that's the way I have it and I want it that way.  It's not really a problem
 if I let up on the gas to let it cool down again at 55 to 60 mph.  It's only
 touring you know - not like trying to win a race. >>

During the years of 1962 through 1967 while driving my TR-3A on the highway
(also racing and highway driving from 1964 through 1967), it always
overheated while climbing hills, and hopefully cool enough during the
downhill to make it up the next hill.  When I reached my destination and shut
it down, it would normally vomit on the ground.  At that time, everything was
stock with no radiator shrouding.  During winter months, I would normally
have to start it with the crank (sort of like the Model T days).