fot

RE: Requesting Verification Of Potential Virus In File

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Requesting Verification Of Potential Virus In File
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:34:19 -0800
>        I received an email this morning from a Triumph friend title
> "important message", directed me to delete file jdbgmgr.exe from
> my Windows
> system as being contaminated, and further directed me to notify
> everyone in
> my address book.
>
>        It was a very well written message with the name of my
> friend on the
> bottom. It looked very credible. But when I check our family
> computers, all
> three had this file, one dating back to having been last modified
> in 1998. It
> does not seem to add up.

Cary, welcome to the age of the virus hoax !  This is actually a common
hoax, you can read more about it at
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

The message very likely was written by your friend (or at least forwarded by
him); there is no actual virus.  jdbgmgr.exe is a normal part of Windoze.

Congratulations on your critical thinking !!

Randall