fot

bj's

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: bj's
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:25:59 -0800
Three degrees caster is better than 0 but not nearly as good
as 4.5  to 5.  I don't see how yuo can get at the top what is
not allowed at the bottom without some bind.
I have read that if your caster is greater than the king pin inclination,
nasty vibrations can occur.  Don't know why
and my best suspension engineer friend is ignoring my
pleas for an answer!
My old friend and mentor Bill Boemler told me that once he
had a combination of bits that yielded something like 10
degrees caster on his TR3.  Said it cornered fantastic, but after
a few laps his arms fell off.   The circle track guys say "caster
makes you faster".

art d