fot

Re: 2.5 OD Exhaust Pipe Supplier

To: LOddTR@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2.5 OD Exhaust Pipe Supplier
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:59:26 EST
In a message dated 3/26/03 3:09:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, LOddTR@aol.com
writes:

<< I am in search of a supplier that can produce a 2.5 OD pipe from the
header
 back on my TR250. One of the curses of living in a smallish town is that the
 only guys with mandrels won't bother to try to copy the bends on my stock
 system.

I ran for years with 2" pipe, which runs through the center of the X frame
where the original exhaust was routed.  The part from the manifold to the
frame is made from spiral pipe, which can be formed to some extent with your
hands.  To accommodate the engine twisting on the mounts, a slip fit is made
with the manifold.  I finally found some 2 inch flex pipe at Surplus City in
Williamsport, PA.  A flex joint can now be brazed in, which Kas mentions in
his Black Book.  With a flex joint, a solid connection could then be made to
the manifold.

I would like to upgrade to 2 1/2 inch pipe, but cannot fine any 2 1/2 inch
flex pipe.  Would anybody know where 2 1/2 inch flexible exhaust pipe can be
found?