fot

Re: Gas No gas MIGand kids

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas No gas MIGand kids
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:13:40 EST
Bob Bownes wrote:

> >Though, on the other hand, Dad is not the mechanical type, despite 34
> >years working for a car company, he's really not a car guy. How many of
> >us got it there? How many of us came by it by accident?

Jack Brooks replied:

> My dad's concept of a car is basic transportation.  You put in gas and
> change the oil and plugs occasionally....

I suppose one might describe my dad as a cross between the two. He was
probably THE single most UN-mechanically minded person I've ever known. But
he was the one who started my family on Triumphs, progressing from a 10 sedan
to a Herald 1200 and then (shared with me) a Spitfire Mk3 and GT6+. He loved
them all but didn't have a clue as to how they worked or what to do when they
didn't; I learned all that on my own, too.

Oh, and on-topic: I had a quick introduction to arc and gas welding as a
14-year-old Explorer Scout. I really, REALLY wish I'd learned more then...or
since. Someday....

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>