fot

RE: Fuel pumps

To: "'Allen Washatko '" <awashatko@wi.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel pumps
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:56:59 -0800
 I don't really like the Facet pumps--had some bad luck with them and I've
heard lots of grumbling about them right here at FOT. they work the same
way as the old lucas pumps--a solenoid strokes a diaphragm and two check
valves make it a pump. the plunger sticks, the spring corrodes and breaks,
junk gets in the check valves, etc..

I suppose there's stories about any of these contraptions, but the carter
pumps are cheap, you can get them at Napa, and they don't have much in the
way of moving parts other than the motor.