fot

Re: Castrol R

To: elliottd@look.ca, BillB@bnj.com, lang@isis.mit.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Castrol R
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:55:52 EST
In a message dated 4/4/03 7:21:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, elliottd@look.ca
writes:

<< I would think that a major part of it would get past the rings, otherwise
 there would be none of that unforgetful smell.  When there would be no smell
 left, then we could assume that it had all burned past the rings.

<<That's why I put it in the gas instead of in the sump. You can't mix
Castrol R and regular or synthetic oils in any quantity. >>

My Castrol R comment may not have been very clear.  Some people that I knew,
who were driving their street cars with mineral oil in the crankcases, would
pour a cup of Castrol R in their gas tanks to get the sweet racing smell.  My
thoughts were that an infinitesimal amount of Castrol R may blow from the
combustion chambers past the rings, enough to gum things up.