fot

RE: Accusump operation

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Accusump operation
From: "spitfiresuz@141.com" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:51:56 -0400
Hi Unk!

Are you back from the JJJ Road Show?  I hope all went well and you had a
lot of fun!

We keep the Accusump preloaded from the last time we ran the car.  It stays
about 80 psi.  I open the valve before I start the engine to pre-lube it,
and it drops to about 25 psi (the air pressure in the internal bladder) and
pops the engine oil pressure gauge up.  I crank the engine, and when it
starts, the pressure goes right back up to normal engine pressure of about
80 psi.  I leave the valve open through the race and turn it off when I am
pulling into the garage area.

It is difficult for me to see the Accusump gauge while racing, since the
unit is mounted on the floor next to my seat, but I don't see why it would
not maintain the same pressure as the engine, judging from what I have seen
on start-up, while running, and after a race.

Brad got me the electric valve for my Accusump for Christmas a couple years
ago, and it has been great.

Hope this helps!

Susan    :)
#42FP Spitfire "Tristan"