fot

RE: spoilers

To: "'kas kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spoilers
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:29:00 -0700
Makes sense. Did you make them yourself or use a manufacturer? I hope you
didn't take my comments to mean that I thought they were ugly--I make a
lot of my own fiberglass and plastic parts. They ARE ugly, but they work.
When I want something pretty I go to a place that speaks gelcoat.

I like single-thickness flat sheets for fabricating parts. I make them on
a piece of glass with a light coat of mold release, then cut and assemble
to fit my needs and put on a second layer to hold the part together. The
best thing that ever happened to sticky-fingered home 'glas fabricators is
carbon fiber mat. You can make parts rigid just by bonding in a strip.

You can always tell someone who does a bit of fiberglass fabrication--they
have a few pairs of levis that stand up by themselves.