fot

Re: NHIS Race Report and....

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NHIS Race Report and....
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:10:29 -0400
I looks closer at the broken bits and noted that the outer edge of one
of the dog ears was well polished and that metal had flowed, like it
rubbed on something.  Looking at the inside of the pedestal that
houses the drive gear, I can see that there was rubbing inside it.  I
now suspect that the piece of the ear rubbed along the inside.  This
is a cast part and the inside is not very smooth.  I think that some
of this material fell down into the gears, which caused the failure of
the driven gear.   This so far is all that I can figure, as I have not
found any other explanation.   The mystery continues.   Joe(B)