fot

Re: MOSPORT/Toronto-Concerns of SARS

To: "Russ Moore" <rem9@sunlink.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MOSPORT/Toronto-Concerns of SARS
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 06:42:38 -0500
Amici,

This may or may not be relevant but I thought I'd throw it into
the mix. (just to confuse everyone even more!)

Back in 1997 I spent 8 months in Southern China working on
a startup job.  The whole time was spent in the same general
region as the original SARS outbreaks took place.  One of
the the links as to how the desease is spread is unsanitary
condtions.  This area of China is one of the poorest in the
Nation.  I was totally appalled at how the people lived over
there.  To the best of my knowledge the local people neither
showered or bathed on any consistant basis (if ever).  If they
needed to use a rest room any old spot along the sidewalk or
road would suffice.  NO deodorant was available in stores so
you can imagine what the locals smelled like.

Anyway, to make a long boring story shorter, I doubt very
much that the conditions in and around Toronto are anything
like those I experience in Southern China.  If 99.9999% of the
locals in Canada are doing fine I see no reason to worry
about SARS.

Just my $0.02

Brad
1957 TR3 Vintage Racer