fot

RE: Fuel starvation problem

To: "'Russ Moore '" <rem9@sunlink.net>, "'kas kastner '"
Subject: RE: Fuel starvation problem
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:28:39 -0700
 yup, I forgot about that--someone says fuel starvation and I start
thinking fuel, but if I was diagnosing the same problem on my own car the
first thing I'd do is look at sparks. Coils almost always start failing at
high RPM first. Quickest way to check is just to swap out coils, but if
you don't have one handy, just set your plug gap way down--like .010--and
see if anything changes. That will reduce or eliminate the symptoms from
both too small a dwell and a bum coil. don't race like that--you'll
probably foul the plugs.