fot

Re: Fuel starvation problem

To: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel starvation problem
From: ejmajor@attbi.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:25:59 +0000
Your problem is one I fought last year only to find that my mechanical timing
was off by about 24 degrees. (I won't comment how I did that in the first place)
Your setup is similar to my TR250 (webers/60 over/header/etc.), We proved it by
using the Bentley Book method of checking the cam timing to the crank by
setting the 11 & 12 valves to 120 thousands and getting them to the point of
rock (one opening one closing at the same gauge measure) at that point you
should be at TDC. After resetting the cam timing it ran fantastic, climbing
right thru 6000 RPM

--
Ed Major

'58 TR3A, '68 TR250