fot

Cam questions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam questions
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 09:37:03 -0500
Good morning, all!

In brief (we've gotta run yank an engine), Tristan's cam was found
yesterday to have a bad lobe and we've got to get another cam in there
before Mosport.  We have a new Paeco cam (I can post specs later if
necessary -- it is something like an SF-8000) or can choose another cam.
 I personally have heard bad things about Paeco, and I don't remember if
it was their cams specifically, their heads, or just their whole operation.

My question is this:  Would you guys recommend the Paeco cam, or if not,
which cam would you recommend?  I seem to remember the cam that was in
Tristan was a Crane 289, but it's been so long I don't remember if that
was the one out of the old race engine from when I got it or if that's
the one that is in there now (we'll find out in a couple hours!).
 (Tristan is a 1967 1300cc Spitfire.)

Thank you for the advice!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan    :)