fot

Re: Sterring enhance-O-ball

To: sbracing@execpc.com, Spitlist@gte.net, rocky@tri.net
Subject: Re: Sterring enhance-O-ball
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:50:55 +0000
Archie Scott Brown, well know British driver of the 50's was born with a
deformed arm. After proving he could drive better with one arm than most
could with two, was licensed by the BRDA.

He drove Listers. I think his technique involved wedging himself into the
cockpit so that he could use the brute force of his functional arm while
bracing with his stump and legs... No prosthetics.

I too remember a midget driver many years ago who had no left hand. Hi rig
was a pin with a flattened head (like a rivet) bolted to the steering wheel.
  This fitted into a socket fastened to a leather cup strapped to his arm.

Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)