fot

Crumpled Peyote

To: "'fot@autox.team.net '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crumpled Peyote
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:46:55 -0700
I stuck Peyote into the wall at Sears Point last weekend. Damn. Got into a
tankslapper accelerating out of turn ten. I'm pretty sure I could have
saved it on Hoosiers, but those Dunlop racing tires that HMSA requires
feel like they've been greased. I'm just not used to them.

Anyway, Peyote is pretty badly damaged. I hit the wall pretty hard, and
that concrete is unforgiving.  It'll probably take me at least a month to
fix it. I guess I should have taken that busted trailer shackle as a sign
that I had no business going to California.