fot

VIR Report

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: VIR Report
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:53:30 -0400
Okay, so  came in last place.
Peter Krause, the race marshal, tried to do me a favor by putting me in a
small class of four 100-4 Healeys and an Aston Martin DB-4. Quite frankly, I
thought that my old machine would run pretty well with the Healeys but, man,
was I wrong.  All four of them walked away from me in the straights and never
looked back.  The Aston Martin was so far ahead that I have no idea what he
was doing.
With 60 some cars in our group there was still plenty of dicing going on.  My
personal antagonist was a very pretty blue Alfa Romeo and we had a great time
going at it.
George Wright led the feature race in his TR-4 for three laps then retired
with a slipping clutch.
Other than rain all day Saturday, the track, the operation of the event and
environs were first class.
Richard Taylor
TR-4
Atlanta