fot

Spin-on filter & cooler

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Subject: Spin-on filter & cooler
From: "A.J. & C. Wood" <wood@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:32:53 +0100
Dear Peter,
 Many apologies for the late reply.I hope I can still be of help.
Oil systems -DO NOT use a sandwich plate between filter head & block - it
gives unrelieved pump pressure to an oil cooler and blows it to bits.
There are probably thousands of TR's out there using the second type of
system, using two plates, one for the cooler adaptor, the other for the
spin-on filter. These very neatly bypass the filter altogether, with
predictable consequences.
This problem was only recently identified, and we now have a suitable kit of
parts, available with a built-in thermostat if required, which gives the
spin-on filter a chance to get involved.
    Jon Wood