fot

Re: TR 4 Cyl "Spin On" Oil Filter Conversion

To: Peter Vucinic <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Subject: Re: TR 4 Cyl "Spin On" Oil Filter Conversion
From: J Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:09:13 -0700
I had one on my first TR 4A, and I have another on my current TR 4A.   I
use Fram PH 3600.   Coincidentally, at the bottom of a box, 5 minutes
ago, I found the directions from one of those units, but I don't recall
if it was the directions from my earlier version, or the one I'm using
now.   The directions I found are from "A MOCAL product made in
England"... and they suggest Fram PH 966.   (I have been using the 3600
filter for about 10 years now.)

The only problem I ever had with these unit s was the first one I
bought...   the custom little adapter extrension screw that was provided
was weak and poorly engineered.  Eventually it snapped apart...   back
then... I simply had a friend of mine machine up a custom one...   but
that was the first TR ...   on the latter, when I bought a kit, I was
satisfied that the same part was now engineered better...  and I
installed it as is....  no problems.

I do still adjust the built in pressure relief valve.... it still
influences the oil pressure as seen at the gauge.

--Justin