fot

Re: mosport border crossing thoughts

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mosport border crossing thoughts
From: KHoward515@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:59:40 EDT
Amici:

Of course there was the time two years ago when Joe Alexander, my son Neal
and I were on our way to Mosport crossing into Canada at Port Huron, MI -
Sarnia
Ont.

They pulled us over and said they were doing "random" checks.  The fellow
border guard took the trailer, glance at our TR3A and said, "Okay".

The lady border guard went into the motor home and ended up going through
everything, mostly Joe Alexander's stuff, including his dop kit and counting
all
his pills.  Must be that Joe is a suspicious looking character.

Kent Howard

In a message dated 6/20/2003 8:58:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
tstrange@new.rr.com writes:

> Good morning,
> I just got off the phone with the gentleman that signed the customs letter
> in our packet, allowing us to "temporarily" imprt goods into Canada.
> In talking he brought up a good point.  He suggested we have a reasonably
> accurate list of what all is in our posession when we enter canada.  That
> way
> if a border guard questioned if we were bring stuff to sell, we could
> present
> the list to him.  He thought this had the potential for saving a delay or
> problem.  (no gaurantees though)..  He suggested serial numbers on
> applicable
> items ... trailer, car, etc., and a rough value of what we are bringing.
> This
> was all just to alleviate potential concerns of whatever customs inspector
> we
> might get.  This seems like a goood idea to me (but i really dont want to
> know
> the value... probably scare me..)
> My specific question for him was bringing in fuel, (cheaper here, by a lot)
> which I have decided against doing.  It sounds like it is okay with
customs,
> but we may have to pay some tax on it as it will be consumed in Canada.
The