fot

Re: Road & Track issue 1

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: Road & Track issue 1
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:20:43 EDT
In a message dated 07/11/2003 3:04:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
Editorgary@aol.com writes:

> My wife just gifted me with what looked like an original copy of Issue 1
> No.
> 1 of Road & Track that she found in an antique store. Turns out it is a
> reprint, made by R&T long enough ago that it was sold for $1.00 "to enable
> readers
> to complete their collections at modest cost." but it is signed in ink on
> the
> Table of Contents page "from John & Eleanor Bond March 14, 1967"
> Does anyone have any clue about this piece of ephemera, or know who might
> know about it?

Gary:

Your wife sounds nice?  Is she pretty?

John & Eleanor Bond?

Bring it to ROAD AMERICA for the BRIC week end after next, and get Peter Egan
to autograph it.  He's good people.  He's a racer....and he likes TRIUMPHs.

Bill Dentinger

PS

We missed the two car GRASSROOTS effort at MOSPORT.  Any idea what happened?