fot

Re: Road & Track issue 1

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road & Track issue 1
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:48:40 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/2003 4:04:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Editorgary@aol.com writes:

> My wife just gifted me with what looked like an original copy of Issue 1
> No.
> 1 of Road &Track that she found in an antique store. Turns out it is a
> reprint, made by R&T long enough ago that it was sold for $1.00 "to enable
> readers
> to complete their collections at modest cost." but it is signed in ink on
> the
> Table of Contents page "from John &Eleanor Bond March 14, 1967"
> Does anyone have any clue about this piece of ephemera, or know who might
> know about it?

Hmmm...does it really say "Eleanor" or could it be "Elaine"? If it's really
autographed by John and ELAINE Bond (original publishers), it probably is
worth
a little something.

At that time, R&T would've been about 19 years old, an unusual anniversary to
commemorate with a first issue reprint! :-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
  Triumph Herald engine with wings.