fot

VTR/TRF Hillclimb Attn: Drivers and Workers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net, old_cat@earthlink.net,
Subject: VTR/TRF Hillclimb Attn: Drivers and Workers
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:14:52 EDT
Here's an update:

First off,  THANKS!  Your participation is greatly appreciated!

The hillclimb is being held on University Drive  The start line and pit area
is at the intersection of University Drive and Indian Springs Road.  That's
about a half mile west of the Holiday Inn which is at Wayne Avenue and Indian
Springs Road.

It looks like plenty of folks plan to enter.  So, there will be an early
registration on Thursday at our (me and Bill DeWar) vending space in the
autojumble/flea market at TRF between 1 and 3 pm.  Thursday registration is
encouraged,
but drivers who can't register on Thursday will be allowed to register at the
hill on Friday.  Friday registration will open at 9am and close at 2pm.

There will be a workers meeting at the vending space on Thursday at 2pm.  If
you plan to work the event, please try to be there.  We'll be going over some
basics, finalizing some assignments, etc.  If you can't be there for that,
check in with me or Bill DeWar (just ask for us) when you can,  or just show up
at the hill any time between 7 and 9 am Friday.  It is likely that we will be
unloading the haybales at the hill sometime Thursday afternoon in preparation
for final placemment early Friday morning.  All help is welcome!

Workers should prepare for a day outing. Wear comfortable shoes;-).   Bring a
folding chair and a cooler with your food and drink, and whatever else you
require. If you happen to have two-way radios or "walkie talkies" and can bring
them, that would be great!  We'll have some small canopies at the start and
finish lines, but I doubt we will have enough for each corner station.  Unless
you bring one?

There will be porta-johns at the bottom of the hill and indoor plumbing at
the parking lots at the top of the hill.

If you plan to work and enter the hillclimb, here's how that will probably
go...  We are going to be running heats of about 25 cars per heat.  Workers who
want to run will be cycled in throughout the day.  I'm thinking that we will
have from 3 to 5 workers driving during each heat.  If you drive in heat number
one, you would be asked to work the remaining heats.

Each driver will get a chance to make 3 or 4 runs during their heat.  At this
time, drivers are only permitted to drive one car in one heat.

It will be very helpful if  those of you who are volunteering to help would
please email me again.  I need to know names of everyone who will be working,
special skills or experience,  if you will be at Thursday's meeting, what time
you can be at the hill on Friday, etc.  And whether or not you will be a
driver!

This is gonna  be FUN!

Thanks again!

Rich Rock