fot

TR6 Cyl. Head O-Rings

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Cyl. Head O-Rings
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:13:27 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I'm putting together another motor and I'm using a late TR6 block (with
the recesses for the fire-rings in the head gasket). I want to use a
copper head gasket and steel o-rings to get a good seal. The intended
final compression on the motor will be about 12.3:1.

If you have a TR6 and are considering this sort of option, please contact
me off line. I'm going to have Mordy Dunst (www.headgasket.com) make up
some steel rings, but I want to get a couple of other folks to provide
some dimensions on how deep the recesses are in the block. I only have two
'72 blocks to measure, so having a few more sample dimensions would be a
good thing - and Mordy can keep the pattern around in case anyone else
wants to do this.

If you've already figured this out - I'd like to hear those experiences
also.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |