fot

RE: Fuel Pumps

To: "'Russ Moore'" <rem9@sunlink.net>, Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Pumps
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 07:19:32 -0700
You don't really need check valves if the pumps you install have
sufficient flow--the resistance to flow of a idled second pump will be
plenty. Many pumps have check valves built in--it's how they work. Two
pumps of any type is a really good idea--saved a race for me several
times. I use the cheap, adjustable chromed regulators that you can get
anywhere and have a pressure gauge just before the carbs that I can see
from the driver's seat. Any sign of pressure drop and I can turn on the
second pump.