fot

Re: TR250K

To: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: TR250K
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:04:17 -0700
Kas, I  haven't done the work to it yet, I'm waiting for an aluminum
flywheel to arrive.  I have planned on do some extra pinning and/or bolting
to the crankshaft.  One of the problems I might have had was that I went by
the torque specs in the book and tightened the bolts to about 55ft-lbs.  I
didn't realize this may have been a misprint and I should have tightened to
90ft-lbs!  I believe this was also part of the problem.
I have ARP 7/16" bolts for the flywheel and also purchased ARP 3/8" bolts if
this might help me to add additional fastening.  I'm very interested in a
drawing of the adaptor plate you mention and it might be good to use in
addition to the aluminum flywheel.
Thanks very much, Charly